Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bought an iPad. Still have no idea what I "need" it for.

This past weekend I bought an iPad (1st gen, wi-fi only) second-hand.  Apparently the woman I bought it from had purchased it about 2 weeks before the iPad 2 was released.  Once she saw the iPad 2, she got buyers remorse and decided she wanted the new one instead.  So I picked up an immaculate iPad for $300 cash.  I really don't care about the fact that the iPad 2 is faster/better/lighter/has a camera.  I just had a case of peperoncini en culo to buy a new gadget, and this iPad hit the spot. ;)

The iPad did not come with this wallpaper... ;)
It's a very cool device, but I still have no real use for it.  Since I am never without my iPhone 4, the iPad sort of feels like a larger, yet lesser device.  That said, it's slowly taking over for my Mac when it comes to casual browsing while watching TV.  So that's something. :)

I then went to the Apple Store and bought a Griffin Airstrap case. 
The case is solid, but a little too solid around the sleep/wake and volume buttons.  I'm considering a little surgery a-la dremel to remove the plastic in that area.  Even until then, it provides very good protection for that aluminum back, and has a handy strap to slide your hand into.

No comments: