Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lunchbox Laboratory

Lunchbox Laboratory on Urbanspoon

I had read about a place called "Lunchbox Laboratory" in Seattle, WA. I saw pictures of their "dork" (duck & pork) burger, and their "super beef" burgers, loaded with real cheese, thick smoked bacon and plenty of greasy goodness. I knew I had to try their work. I was already planning to visit Bellevue, WA, and decided my trip must inclide a visit to Lunchbox Laboratory.

Below is a record of what was consumed.

Above is the "Homage to Dick's". Apparently Dick's is a local burger joint that sells tasty but crappy burgers. This was clearly tasty but nowhere near crappy. On the side are some lovely tater tots.

Here's the "Dork" (duck & pork) burger, onion fries on the side:


The place is very tiny, barely enough room for 15-20 people to eat at any given time. Below is a short clip showing the entire extent of the "dining room", which includes the line to order food.



The prices weren't cheap - about $60 for three burgers, fries and sodas. Once I ate there, the price could've been double. I wouldn't have cared - it's that good. Overall, I knew this would be an exercise in excess. I was correct. I'm still recovering. I regret nothing.

No comments: