Thursday, July 9, 2009

MobileMe & Outlook - Birthdays

When I setup MobileMe, it took all of my birthdays and moved them to a separate calendar called "Birthdays". I didn't sweat it too much at the time, but knew that because they were not included on my primary Outlook calendar, I wouldn't get alerts before they occurred.

Later, I also discovered that the birthdays in the "Birthday calendar" were not actually sychronizing with Outlook anymore. In fact, although there were birthdays showing up on me.com/calendar, they did not appear in Outlook anymore.

Rather than going crazy worrying about the sync of Birthdays, I simply re-created them manually in Outlook, and rather than using the word "Birthday", which I worried would cause them to go to the "Birthday calendar", I used "BDay". I also made them recurring for 9 years only.

So far so good.

No comments: